The Best Free Email Providers – Top 15 List
Communication has come a very long way. From sending letters to phone calls, this is the most modern era of communication. It’s actually quite taboo if you’ve never used an email service before. It takes only minutes to set yourself up with an email. That email can be used for so many things; from sending messages and even making your own accounts on social media outlets like Twitter. It’s almost essential to have an email address in this day and age.
If you aren’t familiar with email, simply put, it is a high tech way to send messages with other people. Both people need to be using a computer that is connected to the internet in order to send and receive messages. The internet is its own world that has many different platforms where you can make your own email address. Some of these platforms are paid and many of them are free. If you’re not all too familiar with your options, the decision can get pretty overwhelming.
We are going to go over the top 15 most popular address providers for you. These platforms are, among others, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, AOL, GMX, Yandex, Soho, and Mail.com. The great thing about all of these is that email services are absolutely, and completely, free!
How to create a free email account.
Setting up an email account is easy and usually only takes a few minutes.
- Visit one of the websites below and they will guide you through the process.
- You have to think of an Email Address and a suitable password and then enter your name, age and gender etc. Then select your security question and verify your registration by solving the captcha question.
- Lastly, for authorization purposes, some email providers will ask you for either an existing email account or a phone number, where a code can be sent to. You then need to enter the code to activate the account.
Let’s get started on these email providers, going over their features as well as into further detail about their services.
The Top 15 Free Email Account Services.
Gmail is the email platform from google and is easily one of today’s most popular email providers and has been for the past several years. A lot of internet users have a gmail account that easily allows them to be connected with friends, family, and coworkers. It’s main access is through the secured gmail webmail platform with the other options available to access through IMAP or POP3 protocols. Gmail users can easily search through their mailboxes with a search bar located at the top. In 2014, it was reported that over half of mid-sized U.S. Based companies used Gmail as their main email service. With the estimates being at around 59%, that is a lot!
- Storage – Get up to 15 GB of storage from gmail. This can be used for Google+ pictures and your very own Google Drive. That’s a lot of storage for free!
- Email Filters – You have the freedom of managing the way your incoming messages appear once received. Send specific emails to your archive or immediately delete emails from a certain address. The Gmail filters options can help you do it.
- Transferring Money – Trust Gmail with sending payments online, every time.
- Optional 2-Step Verification Security – Let’s face it, emails are just too important and personal to allow any other access that isn’t you. Add the 2-Step Verification layer of security to feel safer about your email’s accessibility.
The Outlook email platform is run and owned by Microsoft. It has a very professional set up and is very useful in checking your email if your computer is offline. Simply read and respond to messages and once the internet connection comes back on, your messages are sent without you having to remember it later. Outlook is also useful for keeping schedules and setting up auto responders. Let’s go more into specific features offered with Outlook.
- Office Integration – Use software like Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word as well as Power-Point to view documents that are sent to you via email.
- Skype Integration – Make skype video calls super easy while using Outlook without having to open Skype itself.
3. Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Mail is a free email service provider which is owned by the American corporation Yahoo!. Yahoo Mail is one of the most popular web-based email providers, with 300 million users registered. This places them third on the list of the most popular email providers.
- Storage – The Yahoo Mail free version offers you email storage capacity up to 1 Tera-byte.
- Filters – The ability to sort your incoming messages with 100 filters.
- Large Attachments – Email attachments up to 25MB in size
- Security – Virus protection as well as spam protection
- UNLIMITED Mail Storage Feature – Yahoo mail also has a business account which features include unlimited mail storage. A user can also pay $35 yearly for the option of 5 custom emails with a domain name included.
Yahoo Mail is supported all major browsers, as well as mobile devices. Yahoo Mail makes is a great choice for many because of these features, and ease of use.
4. Aol Mail
Aol mail is the free web based email service brought to you by AOL. AOL mail has a ton of features including email attachments up to 25 MB, unlimited email storage capacity, spam protection, virus protection, spell checking, and more.
Mail.com is a free email provider owned by “United Internet” a German company. Features you get with Mail.com include attachments up to 50MB, unlimited storage, and more.
GMX.net provides a service called GMX Mail. This company was started in 1997 and quickly became a popular web email service. Perks include an address book, file storage, organizer, and mail collector.
7. Zoho Mail
Zoho mail is an email services with unlimited storage for personal use. This is a quite a perk for someone who needs a lot of file space with their email service. Zoho does not show you ads, unlike most other services. You also get many options to organize your emails.
8. iCloud Mail
iCloud Mail is a free email service, the accounts come with 5GB of online storage. More space can be bought if you so choose. The iCloud address book works with IOS, OS x, and Outlook devices. ICloud Mail is not available via POP
Inbox.com is a free online email service. It includes rich text editing, free form labels, 5 GB of mail space, and POP access.
Mail.Ru is a internet company based in Russia. Started in 1998 as a simple email service, it eventually grew into a powerhouse on the Russian internet. The most notable features are unlimited inbox size, spam/virus protection, and the amazing option of a 20GB attachment.
11. Yandex Mail
Yandex mail is a free web based email service. Yandex comes with unlimited online storage, yandex offers IMAP and POP access. Yandex lets you save templates which you can use for messages. It also has a very easy to use interface.
Fastmail.com is a very popular free service which offers paid email accounts for individuals and companies. Servers are located in NYC, and Amsterdam, fastmail is used by over 1 million people!
Hushmail was made in 1999. It is a great web based email service which offers vanity domain service, file storage, and 25 MB of storage. There is also a paid option with more features.
Myway email service is a free email service. It offers 1000MB storage, a calender, and task list. The negatives are that myway places ads in outgoing messages.
Protonmail is a free web based encrypted email service. Created in 2013 at a research facility, Wei Sun, Andy Yen, and Jason Stockman developed the encryption method which encrypts data before it reaches PatronMail. This service has about 350,000 users to date.
Please use the menu navigation on the top of the page to find the store or restaurant chain, that your are looking for. If you are searching for opening hours, then please visit the store pages in the "hours" section. You can also use the search function to find the store information, that you need.