Free Online Art & Art History Courses.
List of free online Art & Art History Courses and classes from top Colleges, Schools and Universities.
The list comes complete with direct links, course names and descriptions. The list includes courses from universities like UC Berkeley, Yale, Oxford University and many more.
Art & Art History – Free Online Courses.
- Aesthetics & the Philosophy of Art – Free iTunes Audio – Free Online Video – James Grant, Oxford University
- Art Through Time: A Global View – Free Online Video – Annenberg Media
- Exposing Digital Photography – Free iTunes Video – Free Online Video & Course Materials – Dan Armendariz, Harvard
- Foundations of American Cyber-Culture – Free Online Video – UC Berkeley
- Introduction to Visual Studies – Free iTunes iOS App – Anna Divinsky, Penn State
- Introduction to Visual Thinking – Free Online Video – Free iTunes Video – John McNamara, UC Berkeley
- Let This Be a Lesson: Heroes, Heroines & Narrative in Paintings at Yale – Free Online Video – John Walsh, Yale
- Lighting Essentials – Free iTunes Video – Free Online Video – Simon McIntyre, The University of New South Wales
- Photography – Free Online Video – Free iTunes App – Jonathan Worth & Matt Johnston at Coventry University
- SmARThistory Video Lectures – Free Online Video/Audio – Beth Harris, MoMA & Steven Zucker, Pratt Institute
- The Elements of Drawing – Free iTunes Video – Free Online Video – Stephen Farthing, Oxford University
Art & Art History – Free Online Courses – Older Classes.
Helen Langdon’s ‘Caravaggio’ – Open University. An analysis of the biography Helen Langdon wrote about the artist Caravaggio. The course also explores biographical monograph in art history. Course can be completed in 20 hours.
Modern Art and Mass Culture – Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Intro to modern art and modern art theories. Course examines the relationship between modern art and art culture by looking at a variety of visual art objects.
Goya – Open University. An overview of Goya’s career. Students study the artist’s work and influences. Course length is approximately five hours.
Delacroix – Open University. Intro to Delacroix’s work. Students study the artist’s paintings and contributions to the period. 16-hour course for introductory-level students.
Napoleonic Paintings – Open University. A study of French paintings. Course emphasis is on Napoleonic painting. 16 hour, intermediate level course.
Art and Technology – Capilano University. An examination of the relationship between art and technology. Students learn about digital technologies and other emerging technologies.
More Free Online Art Courses.
Annenberg Learner – Free Online Art Classes.
Art Studio Chalkboard – Free Online Art Classes.
Figure-Drawing Lab – Free Online Art Classes.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Free Online Art Classes.
Open University – Free Online Art Classes.
University of Oxford – Free Online Art Classes.
-List of free online Art & Art History Courses and classes-